Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cedar Paper Smoked Salmon ala Ross in Ventura

Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While I was vacationing in Stone Harbor, NJ last week(cooking on a gasser :sick: ), I saw a post that Ross in Ventura put up for Cedar paper smoked salmon. First chance I got I went to Lowes to get the cedar paper. Tried it tonight. OMG!!! Delicious! And my type of cook...EASY ;) . Soaked the cedar in water and some lime juice for about 15 min, coated the salmon in some rub that the wifey picked up at TJ Maxx (Lesley Elizabeth Salmon Grilling Rub), stabilized the Egg at 400*, and put them on for 10 min. Here are the pics ;)
Start
BigGreeneggPhotos194.jpg
ten minutes later
BigGreeneggPhotos195.jpg
plated
BigGreeneggPhotos196.jpg
BigGreeneggPhotos197-1.jpg
BigGreeneggPhotos198.jpg
Believe it or not, some of my kids don't like salmon, so I made some breasts and thighs for them
BigGreeneggPhotos199.jpg
I had a great vacation with my family and my first grandchild, but it's good to be home to my egg B)
Brian
·

Comments

• TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    The cedar paper makes for a very nice presentation. :) Nice cook
    ·
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Thanks, Tom. The hardest pert was tying the knots in the string :laugh:
    Brian
    ·
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Gorgeous plate! Cedar paper comes from Lowes??
    ·
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Stacy- Yes, at Lowes in the grill section. 6 sheets to a pack. I don't remember the exact price but it was between $4 & $5 per pack.
    Brian
    ·
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Thanks! There was some fresh sock eye to come in this week..I will give it a try.....
    ·