Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled beef/sliced beef

Options
Woodbutcher
Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My Mom dropped off 15lbs, 3-5lb slabs of chuck roast today. She wants 10 lbs pulled for bbq and 5 lbs sliced for an entree. I found fishlessman's recipe, http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=103156&catid=1 for pulled beef and I was wondering if a chuck roast can be made so it's good sliced.

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    be sure to find clay q's pulled beef recipe i omit the maple syrup..sliced depends on the quality of the meat ,, wegmans choice chuck eyes are good sliced cooked as a rib eye reular meat should go to 160 or better for slicing .. i would start checking temderness at 160 . good luck
    bill
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Thanks bill I'll check it out.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I've never tried slicing a chuck roast, but I've also used Clay's Pulled Beef BBQ recipe (I use honey rather than maple syrup) and think it comes out great. Everyone that has had some of it has raved about how good it is.

Stauffers has some on sale this week for $1.99/pound. I almost bought some, but took one of their packer briskets instead and now the freezer is full.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA