Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alright, I decided on a small to go with my Large

Options
Chappy
Chappy Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I only had to drive about 150 miles to find one in stock. Here is my toy Rat Terrier in my new small.

I also got some John Henry's pecan rub, Bad Byron's But Rub, cherry and pecan wood chunks, and a few other odds and ends.

lucyegg.jpg

Comments

• Large Marge
    Large Marge Posts: 404
    Options
    Bad Byron's on a Rat Terrier? I'd use DP Raising the Steaks for sure... :silly:
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    No dealers around me carry a small or mini. All special order, but usually 1 week turnaround. Funny they all try and talk you out of a small and say get the medium...but I came in for a small for a reason. Nice to have the option of having two eggs.
  • Chappy
    Options
    Here is a pic of my son Chase near it. The pic is from my Iphone, so it is a little blurry.
    chaseegg.jpg
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I agree with the Raisin the Steak for terrier,but at least he went indirect with it :P I would use the cherry wood for smoking the terrier,the pecan may be a little strong :silly: Looks great man,and welcome to the world of multiple eggin :woohoo: ;)
  • Chappy
    Options
    rosros wrote:
    No dealers around me carry a small or mini. All special order, but usually 1 week turnaround. Funny they all try and talk you out of a small and say get the medium...but I came in for a small for a reason. Nice to have the option of having two eggs.

That's eggzactly what my dealer said. He tried to get me to buy the medium. No thanks, I'll find one somewhere.

It was $394 for the egg without the nest. I have a table in the works for it.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    That's too cute. I think he is looking for his tongs.

John Henry's, BBBR, and DP (all of them) are my favorites.

Chase will grow up on Egged groceries - lucky lad.
  • JCinGA
    JCinGA Posts: 139
    Options
    Your wood selections are right on, but I've got one question. What wine goes with smoked terrier?
    Jim
    JCinGA
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    The pinch a penny in Indian Harbour Beach has them in stock
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    You won't be sorry. Great move on all the stuff. Lg/Sm combo is awesome and Butt Rub rocks. Popcorn-Wings it rocks. I now buy the big jug of it. I'm really ripn through the Dizzy Pigs Rubs as well, now that I think about it.
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Chappy wrote:
    rosros wrote:

That's eggzactly what my dealer said. He tried to get me to buy the medium. No thanks, I'll find one somewhere.

It was $394 for the egg without the nest. I have a table in the works for it.

Same thing happened to me too! Went to the dealer to get a small and he tried to talk me into a medium. The small is perfect for my needs though. When I start entertaining I will pickup a large. I am in the process of building a table for my small also.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Chappy
    Options
    FlaPoolman wrote:
    The pinch a penny in Indian Harbour Beach has them in stock

Pat, I didn't call them. I had to go down to West Palm anyway, so I called all the stores around there. It was about only 20 miles from my parents house, so not a big deal.

It was nice going to a barbque store to find my egg. They had lots of goodies and they even carried accessories for the egg. The pinch a pennies will order them, but its not the same.

They had everything but the mini. He said he had only sold one mini, so he didn't keep it in stock.