Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One down Many to go

Options
2»

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    LOL, I'm single so my "get out of chores free" card doesn't have the same significants for me. It's still good to have an excuse to kick back for the rest of the day.

I agree 100%, to get just one person to donate would make me a happy camper. If I could get a crowd to give I'd be ecstatic. Veterans Day last year I celebrated by donating a pint, I figured here in Florida a lot of the snowbirds had returned by November 11th and many of them are veterans. What better way to say thanks for their service. The Blood Center was like a ghost town. I was the only person in there. I would love to see the week leading up to Veterans Day a major blood drive. Not only get the general population to support our veterans by donating but to get the veterans out to give a pint also, a lot of them are going to need that blood before they head north in the spring. Make it a week long drive so almost everybody should be able to find the time. Maybe some year I'll figure out how to stimulate/implement such a drive but till then it will be a dream of mine.

Have a great day,

Gator
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    you know, i've thought it would be cool to arrange for the red cross blood mobil to show up at eggtoberfest. . .with 1500+ people in attendance there, i'm sure there would be enough to get the request number of people to donate blood to make it worthwhile. ..i may have to talk to bobby Q about that for october. ..
  • Rooster K
    Rooster K Posts: 416
    Options
    I am the manager of a hospital Blood Bank and see the need for donation on a daily basis. One open heart case can use as may as 20 units of blood.

Thank You to everyone who regularly donates.
  • Gator Bait
    Options
    I think it's a wonderful idea, I haven't planned on attending the eggtoberfest, I would love to but that's farther then I want to drive solo (October is still a ways off, I have plenty of time to change my mind). I'll be content donating for Veterans Day and hope to make it to Ocala.

Gator
  • Gator Bait
    Options
    Good Grief! Rooster 20 units! That makes me wish I could donate twice as often. It's a renewable resource that helps so many people and is so easy to give I just can't figure out why there should ever be a shortage.

Gator