Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Back Ribs for dinner tonight

Options
Shiff
Shiff Posts: 1,835
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There were a lot of discussions recently about Beef Ribs, so I got some out of the freezer and made them today.

I grilled up some pineapple along with the ribs and they were great.

DSC06173.jpg
Large BGE
Barry, Lancaster, PA

Comments

• Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Looking good Barry! I thought I smelled something good when I drove past the mall tonight. I really like the grilled pineapple.
  • Shiff
    Options
    The pineapple came out very good. I grilled it first at 600 degrees direct, then set the BGE up for indirect and let it cool down and put on the ribs for about 6 hours at 250. I had a lot of neighbors that wanted to come for dinner.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • andy_b
    andy_b Posts: 77
    Options
    These look great!

I am having a difficult time finding anything but short ribs when looking for beef ribs in my area (Boston).

Did you have to order them special or are they easily available in your area?
  • Shiff
    Options
    Our local market in Lancaster, PA (Stauffers) used to carry the beef back ribs once in a while. Each time I went to the store, I'd ask the butcher if he had any in the back room. One day I went in and he told me had been investigating and found a new source of beef back ribs and would probably have them regularly. He has been true to his word. They are always at the store now and they are very meaty and tender. The usual price is $2.99/pound. They come in cryovac packages of 2 racks each. You can buy them that way by talking to the butcher, but they also have them repackaged in smaller portions in the meat case.

Talk to your butcher to see what they can get.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    "the meat house" in salem nh has them occasionally and sometimes will ship them in from other stores for you. if your ever headed that way its worth a call. these were less than 2 dollars a pound and the two racks were cheaper than the babyback rack
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=674282&catid=1
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it