Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butts and Rub

Options
tbonemac
tbonemac Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally made my Dizzy order on Monday and as promised the gift pack arrived on Thursday. Can not wait to try this out.
img422.jpg
Last night I started (2) butts, 1 with a Dizzy Dust and the other with my homemade. They both looked great and smelled great going on the grill.
img423.jpg
Just pulled them off about an hour ago. I am cooking manually, no Guru and no Maverick (on wish list). My temperature got a little low this morning was the reason that it took longer. Got the fire back up to 250 and they finished out great. I forgot to take a picture until I had the first one off.
img424.jpg
Happy 4th Everyone. The plan is for ribs on the 5th!

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    You picked all of my favorite DP rubs. I don't know if you've tried the Pineapple Head, but I love it. You can't beat Dizzy Pig's customer service.
    Great job on the butts!!
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Love how that shoulder blade is just falling out all on it's own, looks great :woohoo: .

Doug
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks great. You will be hooked on DP from here on out.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE