Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK I am spoiled!!!

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Before getting my BGEs I used to love the Tropical Ribs at Bahama Breeze...well last night we went to BB because we had a coupon.The ribs tasted the same as always, but they just weren't BGE ribs...I am now officially spoiled....

Mint Tulip tried one and said "these are bland" and it is true...oh well I guess I will just have to cook them at home from now on.. :P :lol: :silly:

Comments

• FearlessGrill
    Options
    Yeah - I'm finding that more and more. A friend wanted to go to Morton's a couple of weeks ago. After spending $100/person on dinner, my wife and I walked out saying, 'we could have made better at home'. While their meat is probably better quality than what our local butcher provides, the flavor and juiciness of cooking a steak on the Egg can't be beat. And our sides would beat the pants off their bland potatoes and veggies. Now if only I could figure out how to make their molten chocolate cake at home ...

-John
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    :laugh: Sure is interesting when you go and get something you really, used to like, and it turns out to be, well, not as you remember. Damn eggs.

GG
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Yes, this has happened to my wife and I a number of times. There aren't any rib joints in the immediate neighborhood that are worth visiting anymore. Found a place about 40 miles away where the owners have competed in the Jack, and so have someplace to go for inspiration.

Not the worst situation to be in.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Especially true with BBQ. With an exception or two, I prefer my own "Q" to anyone elses.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    I have eggperienced that myself when eating out. I would rather spend money on higher quality fresh meats and cook on the egg instead of going out.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Kim one has to be more discerning when comparing outside the Egghead's family :laugh:
  • wannabebackinTexas
    Options
    Whew! I'm glad I can call myself "spoiled"; all this time I thought I was just being smug. B)

Good eggin'
    -paul
  • Hitch
    Hitch Posts: 402
    Options
    Go visit where the general public eats steak. Outback steakhouse. Get their ribeye. Absolutely no comparison to what the egg can do.
    searedribeye.jpg
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    "Becker" would be proud of you for using a coupon! :laugh: :laugh: :ermm:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap