Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

another note to self......

Options
tjv
tjv Posts: 3,830
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ah, if taking the fire ring or firebox out of the egg, place them on the ground and not on a table that is in the swing path for the driveway's electronic gate, so if the wife comes home from a weekend trip and opens said gate, that said gate won't hit the fire ring, knocking it off the table and........dang it!

Picture088.jpg

I don't think they make JB weld strong enough to fix this XL fire ring.

Picture089.jpg
www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Dang, I hate it when that happens.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    I knew that gate was trouble the first time Chubby opened it(manually)without pushing the button. :laugh:

It's only money, Pal!

LR
  • wannabebackinTexas
    Options
    This past weekend ot was decieded to re-arrange the shed:

My 2" fire ring for my 3 tier setup hit the floor. I haven't seen anything break into that many peices as that thing did.

I feel your pain :(

Good eggin'
    -paul
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    hey, save those pieces. ...on the bright side, i have a broken fire ring like that. ...once i got the replacement for it, i use those pieces to support raised grids.. .sort of a poor man's grate mates for any size egg. ..puts the grid right in the sweet spot!!!. ..keeps me from having to buy an extra woo ring (oops, i guess that means i don't have to send you more money ...heee) .. ..
  • tjv
    Options
    with love like that from a Redskin's fan, who needs the Eagles and Giants.

you watching any of the college world series.....purdy good game last night, back and forth with homer ball. t
  • tjv
    Options
    I have one of them type sheds.....afraid to go in it at night......lol

t
  • tjv
    Options
    dang gate hasn't been right sense his skinny arsp wedged through.......
  • tjv
    Options
    not as bad as when I broke the large on mothers day, couple years back.....guess I needed to be more specific on ceramic handling with my notes to self......double dang it.

100_0183.jpg
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Just remember it could be worse

before.jpg
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Yep CW - I can see your fire ring is broken. smiley-angry017.gif
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    LOL. ..nah, i don't pay much attention to college baseball... i did a little this year when UVA was in, but they are out now. .. .redskins are pissing everyone off right now cause they just adopted a new tailgating policy at fed ex field (actually based on the policy at the new plowboys stadium) where tailgaters are being relegated to the backs of the lots instead of being able to set up whereever they want. ..personnally i think its a good plan as these people come in early and hog 2, 3 or even more spots and make it hard for other folks to park, but they are saying the skins are infringing on their historic rights there. .. .whatever. .. i can't afford the little pip-squeek's (danny snyder's) ridiculous prices anyways, so i'm staying home. ...
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I liked it. Couldn't geaux to sleep right after the game and got up with leg cramps at 4:30 from chasing fly balls and geauxing back and forth to the fridge for beer. :laugh:

101_1149.jpg
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    You can rebuild it, make it better than before...