Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick Table Question

Options
Unojo
Unojo Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm in the middle of building my new egg table. The SS option didn't work out so well because I don't have $300 to spend to start.

So wood it is...

I am building a slot top for the table instead of cutting a hole in the top. My question is, how wide should the slot be for a large?

Thanks,

Scott

Comments

• Silent Knight
    Options
    I think it would depend on where the table top meets your egg.(at what height) The specs on the table say the hole should be 21" diameter. So I would think if you made it 22" - 23" you should be good no matter the height.
  • SteveinTN
    SteveinTN Posts: 232
    Options
    i just finished my table.
    search
    "new table - done"
    to see a picture. I made the egg a little high to have storage under the egg.

I have 27 inches between the two interior walls of the egg space. The actual bottom of the EGG (not the bottom of the stone is 17 inches from top edge of the trim around the egg.

I still need to add the three little feet. that will bring it up 1/2 to 3/4 inch i guess.

Good Luck. you will love the table.
    - steve
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    21 inches should be fine. If it fits inside a 21 inch circle so too will fit in a 21 inch square.

Doug