Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABTs

Options
Nessmuk
Nessmuk Posts: 251
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made my first ABTs. I used salami as the meat. I will rotate through the deli meats in future cookings; e.g., pastrami, corned beef, liverwurst, etc. I cooked them on a topper. I have a flat one for fish & other items that would fall through a grill. For veggies, I use a rectangular wok basket of the same make.

Comments

• Nessmuk,[p]The little cocktail weiners are my favorites to stuff ABTs.[p]Lee

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Nessmuk, as in life itself...each to his/her own.
    As I enter this I have 40 ABTs in the refrig to smoke tomorrow. The meat I used is pulled pork. I love'm! I also love them when I use ham and I love those with chili dog sauce. Anyway, those things are terrific aren't they? A pain to make, but hey...anything worth having is worth the effort!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Options
    RRP,
    ABTs were a first for my immediate family. They all had many suggestions as to the meat. I am sure I will use all of them as I intend to have them as an appetizer for all meals. Thanks for the suggestion.

• What chili dog sauce?

• RRP
    Options
    Q-Ball, this one and it is great!!! My only problem is not sampling the stuff so much that I don't have any left! Actually I've learned to make 3 pounds at a time and freeze it in premeasured quantities. Whether you use it to make chili dogs or in ABT's I think you'll like it.

[ul][li]Chuck Lane's Chili Dog Sauce[/ul]
  • RRP
    Options
    that typo on the recipe is 1 3/4 cup of water and I use bottled water myself.

• Always wanted to make that one! Thanks for the info. I'll head to the store tonight to get the ingredients. Yum!!! Nothing like a good chili dog while waiting for the ribs to get done. And the chili dog sauce on ABTs? Sounds very tasty indeed. Thanks!!!!