Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freezing left over pulled pork

Options
Smokin' T
Smokin' T Posts: 259
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently did an 8lb BButt, pulled it, then froze what was left. I used zip lock bags to freeze the left over pork in. Will this be o.k. since I do not own a vacumn seal device? :unsure: :unsure:

Tom
Dunedin,Fl

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    hey Tom, I used to use zip locks till I got my food saver. it will be fine it just does not keep as long and reheating is not as easy. I just toss a thawed pack in a pot of hot water and bring to a boil and turn off. it is hot in minutes :)it nuked the zip locks. if they are sealed good you can put in warm/hot water just not the boiling pot :(
  • Unojo
    Unojo Posts: 23
    Options
    We use the food saver as well. After the butt cools, we put 8oz in a bag and seal it up. This way it's easy for me to take one to work for lunch, or thaw out one or more for a family meal. We generally cook a butt every two-weeks.
  • Smokin' T
    Smokin' T Posts: 259
    Options
    Julie,

Thanks for the info on thawing, I will give that a try.
    By the way, after tasting your perogies at the Ocala fest, the wife and I bought a bag. They are next on our list to try. B)B)

Tom
    Dunedin, Fl