Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Splatt's Corn on the Cob

tmsplatt1
tmsplatt1 Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have tons of great recipes but this is my first post as a new member. I hope to become an active participant and hope folks enjoy some of the things that have made me a local legend, at least in my mind and a tiny group of other folks....LOL. This has become my local, famous corn on the cob recipe that I thought I'd share and everyone that's had my corn absolutely loves it. I thought it would be fun to have folks try it and let me know what you think. I want to try to put my name atop some of the folks here that are famous for their egg recipes. This is mine. This is a great side dish to throw on the grill just 10 to 15 minutes before your main course is done, so perfect addition to ribs, burgers, steak, and chicken.

The following is plenty for about 5 ears of corn. Once you see the ingredients, just trust me and try it. There are some items here that you wouldn't think would work with corn but it does. I had the same reaction at first. Try it!

1/2 stick softened, salted butter (almost room temp)
2 tsp spicy brown mustard
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp prepared horseradish
2 cloves garlic finely chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon of the minced garlic you can buy in the jar)
5 cranks of fresh pepper from your peppermill
1/4 tsp dried parsley

Mix all ingredients into a spreadable paste. Coat well on your cobs then wrap tight in aluminum foil making sure melted contents will not escape. If cooking over direct heat between 300 and 400 degrees, cook directly on rack for 10 to 15 minutes, but turn every 3 to 5 minutes to avoid burning on the side facing the coals. If cooking over indirect heat, I leave the cobs on for about 30 minutes at 250 to 300 degrees. For higher temps about 20 minutes. You can adjust your times as some folks like a very crisp, almost raw corn while others like it very well done. I like mine in the middle but moreso on the crisp, "not well done" side. This works whether you're smoking or not (not you, your grill)

For those that like a kick, try it next time with a few shakes of tabasco or even a bit of cayenne pepper in your mix above....awesome!

Comments

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Welcome to the forum Splatt and thanks for posting your corn recipe. So you are a ledgend in your own mind, cool beans. Where are you from? and ya gotta tell us about your handle. Splatt is the sound linked to a bug on a windshield..lol :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ps we likes pics. Next time you have one of your creations, please post some pics. Deal?
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Welcome to the forum... Looking forward to you sharing... Like BT said, we like pics... :)
  • tmsplatt1
    Yea, absolutely I'll take some pics next time I do this, but for now just imagine a hot cob of corn. hehe I'm actually from Atlanta and shopped at the original BGE store in Decatur, Ga. years and years ago. I moved to California in 2000 then Phoenix in 2005. My entire family is still in the Atlanta suburbs. Thanks for the welcome! I realized after I posted that perhaps I should have added this to the Recipes section, but oh well....I'll learn. :)
  • tmsplatt1
    Oh yea...the "splatt" thing, i forgot. I used to compete regionally in racquetball. There is a shot in the sport called the "splatt" shot. So the "tm" portion is my initials, "splatt"....well...now you know...and the "1"....well....I was once number one. So not as mysterious and confusing a name once you got it, right? LOL
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hey Splatt, welcome. I'm going to try your corn tonight, I'll take some pics an post them later. Did you attend the Tempe Eggfest last November? -RP
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Hi splatt shot! :):) Welcome to the forum! Look forward to seeing some of your cooks! ;) This is a unique forum, in that there are many, many very talented people here! Welcome! Get that digital camera ready! We do like to share pics, too! :woohoo: ;)
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Well add the recipe then. :woohoo: :woohoo: LC and I will be also grilling corn on the egg tonight however we do it diiferently. We don't foil anything in our cooks, we may let them rest, but never cook. (personal preference) We will grill the corn and slightly bring some color to the kerrnels. After the corn is done, we will paint some cilantro chipotle butter on them followed by fresh parm grano or paint them with mayo. then chili powder, followed by the parm grano. Yummy. Try it! :silly: :silly: :lol::lol: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Hey Tim,I thought that you might like this shirt that I saw today :whistle: :P Pretty cool huh? :woohoo:

DSC_0050.jpg