Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please list....

Comments

• SuzyQue
    SuzyQue Posts: 13
    My old aunts always called me Susie Q when I was growing up. Now my grandaughter calls me Suzy. I was born in Texas and live in the beautiful piney woods of East Texas about 2 hours northeast of Houston.

I've had my large for just about a year.
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Bored eh? SMILE Brenda! Was great seeing you a few weeks ago.

I'm from Olney, MD. My handle is a word play on my last name. Strawhorn~Hayhonker
    I guess you could call me "HorsefoodTrumpet" too...

Been egging since late 2005 and thrilled to have been accepted by this bunch of Eggheads.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Hello my good friend. I see you are located it the US as well.
    Cheers my friend.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    You shosuld come to the Denver fest. Lots of folks are. Don't want to be left out do you. (peer pressure at it's best..) Remember the views and we could work off the hangover on a nice bike ride...you in? :);)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    St. Louis, MO

I've had my Egg about 8 years.

I'm a political classical liberal, like Tom Jefferson.
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Computer geek thing, first name, last initial.
    Lived in MS all of my life, the last 20+ years in Hattiesburg. 6 months ago joined the consulting world after working as an Oracle DBA for a power company. Get to travel to different places and meet new people now.

Bought the Lg BGE as a prize for having to have a root canal in 2007... Been egging ever since... :)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Museum preperator? You prepare the artifacts or the displays?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    OK, just 'cause Brenda asked!! My handle comes from our many years in St. Pete, FL. We lived on the water and had several sliding glass doors overlooking about a quarter of a mile of open water known as Coffee Pot Bayou. There was an egret that became very tame and would come into the house looking for a handout. He would walk into the first room through the glass doors, which was our "Florida room", then he became so used to us he would walk completely through this room right into the kitchen! He always got a free handout.......yeah, I know, animal rights activists wouldn't approve, but, he only got fed good stuff!! :laugh: I've been egging since January, '03 and have 5 eggs now (3 larges, a small and a mini). We had a honker bone-in ribeye tonight cooked on the mini that was off the chart!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Always good to see another Cdn egger!

Steve --> Mine says US as well, I entered Cda at the begining and tried to change it too, but I couldn't change it. There was a post on forum feedback out it.

Michael
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Thanks for the explanation...

At first I thought you were a Proctologist and spelt it wrong. Ha! Ha!

Michael
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    I'm Smitty.

I'm was born in the sleepy midwestern town of Columbia, Mo. Moved all over this country for business, from NYC, AZ, FLA to CA.

Me and my wife Ana currently live in Santa Clara, California where we own and operate a Big Green Egg Store called Eggs by the Bay.

My best friend is Evans Tabor (you know him as Chubby), he led me to the Egg back in 2005.

We enjoy the Egg lifestyle, and are thrilled to host the Eggs by the Bay Eggfest each June.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Poor Brenda, you will be yawning on this one.

As I also live in Spring, Texas, thus "Spring" and as the female part of this family I am the "Hen". As to Spring Chicken winning me in a poker game - have you noticed you never see him playing cards or any other game....he's afraid of what could happen...hee...hee....
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    From Griffin, Ga. originally and moved out here to Colorado about 11 years ago. I work for an outdoor gear (ski, rock climbing, backpacking, cycling) retailer and the mountain lifestyle suits me.

I got my medium egg about a year and half ago and added my large last September. Cory is my name and 4/30/02 is my twins birthday. Hence cory430.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Live in Rancho Santa Margarita,Ca which is between Los Angeles and San Diego.Hence the name RSMDALE.I have been cooking on the egg for about two years ,a XL first and a large for the last 2 months.My backyard has become a drifting point for my kids and thei r friends and in-laws.

GOOD FRIENDS AND GOOD EATS

DALE
  • Mostly trolling since I received my XL last November. From Newburgh, IN; Mark Greenwell, Grew up in Waverly Ky. Travelled a bit out of college but likely here to stay.

Looking to get a small since the XL is not very portable. Special thanks over the last few months to AZRP, Carwash Mike, RRP, Naked Whiz, Thirdeye, WessB and many more I've pulled some great ideas from you guys and it has been a big help.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,507
    Steve, COUNTRY always says US, it's a known problem I think.
    -Gary
    canuckland
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    SWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
    Mickey I see you have been with toyota for 40 years. What capacity...owner...sales...technician? I just bought my 1st Toyota tuesday ('08 Highlander w/3rd seat). Love it so far, only thing I have noticed is it seems to be top heavy or sways a bit when turning or manuevering. Any thoughts on this?
  • Canugghead
    Oriental born and raised in Calcutta, India. Went to college/university in England. Settled in Toronto, Canada. Got large a year ago and added a small this Easter.

Canuck + egghead = Canugghead ;)
    canuckland
  • Eggscriber
    Eggscriber Posts: 276
    I got interested in the BGE's thanks to Woodbutcher. I am now a member of the cult and have two large BGE's.
    I live in Lancaster, PA as a practicing Family Physician. I tried to conjure up some name that tied in Eggs and Doctoring. I explored such names as Bacondoctor, DocHogg, DrPorker, DrEgg, Ribdoc etc. I finally decided that Eggscriber was kind of like EggPrescriber without the added unhealthy pork reference. :cheer:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    ....or maybe, when you 'hear' it.

"Let my epitaph be written.

Pprrpffrrppfff."

J.J. (via L. Bloom), 1922
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    My name is Brandon. Born in Davenport, IA and raised in Moline, IL. Currently reside in East Moline, IL.

XY- Male(chromosomes)
    RN- Nurse
    2B- Student

One semester and boards left before its official :cheer:

I work at a lumberyard and bartend at a convention center.

Bought my first large used 1 year ago and lurked for about 6 months.

Looking forward to the day I can remove two characters from the end of my handle and add two to my real handle(name). Going to christen another large into the family for that special occasion.
    Its "patient"ly waiting in the box.

Can hardly wait to attend my first eggfest B) Probably won't be until 2010 :(
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• And I figgured for sure with a name like Cannughead you were out of Vancouver for sure. Just goes to show...

Doug
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    dhuffjr is me B)
    fitting name in a sense as I got my Egg after looking for a "grill" like my dad had. Bought my first Egg in 1998.

Born and raised in Jacksonville NC. Residing in Dayton Ohio now.

Happy reading Brenda.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Anna...LOL!!! I've heard LOTS of excuses for buying an Egg....I think yours is the best so far, though! LOL!
  • Harvest, AL

Been an EggHead for 2 years now.
  • Canugghead
    Haha! I'm not a hockey fan, but with the Leaf's abysmal performance for so many decades, perhaps "Maple Leaf Lump" would be a better handle :woohoo:
    -Gary
    canuckland
  • Piratequeen
    Piratequeen Posts: 23
    Nickname given to me by a former boss. I have a pirateship charm, which he asked about. I told him when I was a kid I wanted to be a pirate, and thus the nickname "Peggy the Piratequeen" was bestowed.

Got my large BGE on Ebay in Fall 2007. Was mis-posted as a Small. Got it for a song. First cook was pheasant - not bad, but should have brined it.

Homesick Texan residing in Norfolk, MA
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Guess I am late getting to this one. haven't looked at the forum since yesterday AM.
    Born Louisville, KY, lived on both coasts but in GA since 1977. Now in Monroe, Ga. Have to check but I think I have had my large for a little over four years. My wife gave me my handle. Named me after a piece of yard art, photo above, when I saked what it was. "It is a Rusty Rooster, just like you."
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    My Large arrived on Dec. 30th of '08 and my small has been here for about a month. I'v been Ripn through the Lump, probably 250-300 lbs and slowing since the small arrived.

Ripnem comes from constantly wanting to be Ripn something, ie. Upland game and Waterfowl, Fish lips, golf balls, downhill skies on and on...Also the Team name for the Annual Grouse Hunting competition.

Never even heard of BGE untill my first meal at a friends house Dec 23 of '08. Couldn't imagine if I hadn't gone over for that dinner.

Born and Raised in MN
  • tbonemac
    tbonemac Posts: 69
    Ripnem,
    I am a hunter as well, especially waterfowl. Have you tried a duck or goose on the egg and do it like chicken? Just wandering if it would be worth the time to try. Let me know.