Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egging for vegetarians

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are new to the forum - any tips for vegetarians using an EGG?

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC07203a.jpg

DSC07536aa.jpg

Welcome to the neighborhood. How do you feel about something like Big Green Eggplant Parmesan or grilled bean poblano rellenos?
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Just use it like any other heat source. Probably won't want to use much wood for smoking, although I liked the lightly smoked corn on the cob I did last year. Root vegetable foil pouches are pretty nice.

Will be trying grilled avacado tomorrow.

Every fall I do stuffed pie pumpkins. Need to use a drip pan with those, as the sweet juices bubble out of the top.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC07642a.jpg

DSC07650a.jpg

They are purty tasty.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Chili, paella, ratatouille, beans, lentils, roasted root vegetables, grilled vegetables, anything you can do in an oven, barbecue or stove-top.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    We had some vegetarians at our graduation cookout Thursday- they were happy with portobella mushroom burgers.

No pics, but I got the biggest caps I could find, marinated them in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, s&p, etc., then grilled to satisfaction. Cheese optional.

I use a perforated "grill wok" to cook stir fry type veggies; this seems to work better than skewers for me.

Indirect cooking opens up basically anything oyu can cook in an oven.

hth

Big T
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Thirdeye,

I'm doing some of those today. Care to share time and temp? I am going to fill the seed hole with vidalia onions, cheese and pico de gallo.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    DUDE!,

Those look really good! Any chance you'd consider posting the recipes?

WPB
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Same here... I always wondered about grilling avocado... any secrets to share?

WPB