Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ARTICHOKE ON THE EGG

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a good method/recipe for cooking an artichoke or 1/2 artichoke on the egg?

Comments

• Poncho
    Poncho Posts: 50
    Options
    12-PACK,
    Been meaning to try this one. I would love to know how it works out, if you get to it.[p]http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_19343,00.html

• Unknown
    Options
    12-PACK,
    artichokes on the big green egg, that sounds like a good idea. Sorry I don't have any recipe's, but I'll watch the forum and see what turns up
    sixpack

• Animal Eater
    Options
    12-PACK,[p]Yup, do 'em all the time. Get the medium chokes, about the size of your fist. They're the best. Trim the outer leaves off, cut off the top half inch or so, peel the stem with a veggie peeler. Then cut the choke in half down the middle. Scoop out the fuzz with a spoon (grapefruit spoons are ideal). Rub the cut side with lemon to prevent browning. Steam the chokes until they are 5 minutes away from your desired doneness. Make a marinade of lemon juice and olive oil and put that in a wide flat pan. Put the choke halves cut-side down in the marinade and allow them to marinate for a few hours (if you have the time). Get your egg raging hot, 500-600F. Place the chokes cut-side down and grill for a few minutes to get some nice grill marks and some smoke flavor. I usually put in a couple hickory chips. I like to dip them in garlic mayo.

• Unknown
    Options
    sixpack,
    Y'all are making me hungry and thirsty![p]Still Smokin'

• Unknown
    Options
    Animal Eater,[p]Thanks - sounds like Animal Eater is having a few veggies on the side.
    I'll try it this weekend.[p]12-pack