Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Shrimp Taco Sauce

Options
edbro
edbro Posts: 300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got shrimp. I've got tortillas. Now, I need a good sauce for shrimp tacos.

I've done mango salso for fish tacos and that was great. Will that be good for shrimp? Any other simple yogurt or mayo sauces I can use?

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Salsa verde, avocado slices, little sour cream, goat cheese and cilantro comes to mind.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i would use something like this one

http://www.recipezaar.com/Japanese-Steak-House-Shrimp-Sauce-8560

i don't have a sp[ecific one but that one looked like it was close to what i would think if i were making shrimp tacos..

or you could use sone type of cocktail sauce ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    Options
    Thanks, that does look good. Off to the grocery store.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    We made some shrimp tacos not long ago. Used the Griddle Q to cook the shrimp. The Baja Fresh seasoning is not easy to come by but it was delicious. Baja Tom was kind enough to send us some. You might be able to look up a close recipe for it on Google.

We added cilantro, red cabbage and some other bushes to round out the flavor of the taco.

Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4z5gT9ifys

Also, if you have a Target food store nearby you might try using Litehouse Jalapeno Ranch dressing (in the produce department). It's good. Real good.

Spring "Heating Up Lily Large For A Pizza" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA