Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Variations on Vinegar Pie

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since I'm doing thrse next week in Austin, I thought I'd experiment a bit. One is done with fresf lemon zest and sliced almonds, the other with chopped pecans. They both came out very tasty. Can't decide which I like better. 350 in the Egg for about 50 minutes.

Mike

vinegar011.jpg

vinegar018.jpg

vinegar024.jpg

Comments

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    wowwwwwwww Mike..... a very though decision i can imagine.....
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Overnight a slice of each to me and I'll help ya decide :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    I haven't tasted either ofthem but from the ingredients listed I would go with the pecans. I'm sure they're both excellent. Too bad the Texas Fest ended up on Mother's Day weekend. My mom is 79 and I really want to spend the day with her and also my daughter who's a mom too. Hopefully next year Texas will change their date. I'd love to be there with all you fun Texans.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    My Mom made vinegar pie a few times. Love it. She didn't put nuts in hers if I remember correctly. Perhaps it would be good to make a variety of 'em. In fact, I KNOW it would be good to do that.

Spring "Just Trying To Help" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Come Saturday I’d be more than happy to sample one of each and give you my unprofessional opinion. :laugh:
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    My mom used to make one with rasins.DELISH! :whistle:
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    I've got the raisins and found a recipe! Could be next.
  • belle's dad
    belle's dad Posts: 146
    Options
    Sure looks good. Would you care to share the recipe, or, at least give me a clue where to look.

Gordon
    Vero Beach, Fl
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    That looks mighty tasty, thinking about driving 400 miles for a piece o pie!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Mike, those look great! Are there recipes somewhere? Thanks