Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DISAPPOINTING DEALER EXPERIENCE

Options
2»

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Yea, I feel the frustration. I got one here. I've been trying to get him on board for a eggfest and offered to do demos for him. He was pretty rude a few weeks ago. I wont be back to that store. I'll drive farther to another.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    I am very lucky to have a great dealer (Chim-Chimneys in League City, TX) just a mile from my house. They are very honest, knowledgeable, don't oversell and just all around nice people. They have come to my house twice to install replacement gaskets and refused to take any payment.

Too bad all dealers aren't this way.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • GREG
    GREG Posts: 22
    Options
    It is obvious , from the few posts received on this topic, that the majority of BGE dealers just don't care. Maybe BGE needs to regroup with another strategy to market their products. Maybe "company owned" stores in regional malls or markets. There has just got to be a better way for BGE to have their wonderful products showcased and marketed than from "lazy" dealers that don't want to accomodate customers by stocking or ordering BGE products. I would be happy to step up to the plate for BGE if they need some professional help to assist in getting their products to market.
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 1
    Options
    Well, you could come to MY dealer! He's terrific!

My dealer, Cooperative Propane, has a store in Montgomery, Alabama and another in Tallassee, Alabama. When I went to look, he had four BGE sizes in stock and assembled for show and tell. He had an XL which he had been using for a demo. His practice is to take a couple eggs to an outing and demo them and sell them or take orders as the case may be.

He participated in a local charity event BBQ cookoff and I am sure he got a lot of interest from the folks who attended.

We decided to buy a LG with stand and some accessories. The delivered price was attractive and they wouldn't even let me carry the bag of charcoal to my deck. I like this dealer very much and can only hope someone near where you live will recommend a good dealer for you.

Chuck