Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

nomex gasket. replacement ... remove the lid?

Options
BananaChipz
BananaChipz Posts: 207
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Folks,

I'm about to replace my gasket with a Nomex gasket. Do I really need to remove the dome lid? It looks like it'd be pretty easy to leave it...

Thoughts?

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    You don't have to but it's much easier to clean and reglue with it off.
  • Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Options
    I agree with Pat. Did mine about a month ago and took it off. Very easy. Use zip ties to hold the spring. One tip... spray the adhesive into a cup and brush it on rather than taping off and spraying like I did! DOH!
  • lisaaron
    lisaaron Posts: 12
    Options
    I've done it both ways, and taking the dome off is the way to go. You certainly can do it with the dome attached, but the work near the back of the Egg is a huge pain!

Using my new nomex gasket as of two weeks ago, and it's awesome!

Aaron
  • Seidegger
    Seidegger Posts: 73
    Options
    Mine was relatively new when the G failed so I didn't have to clean very much...easy to install with top on...i didn't want to deal with messing up the perfect alignment from the dealer which was still great after the new nomex