Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jamaican Jerk Wings

Options
egger66
egger66 Posts: 385
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made some jerked wings tonight. Sprinkled some DP Firewalk before placing on the egg, Indirect heat at 400* for 12 mins., flipped over for another 12 mins., tossed in the jerk marinade, back on the egg for another 3mins. The flavor was really good and had a pretty stout kick :evil: but the skin was wasnt crisp enough for my liking. May try direct heat at a lower temp next time.

Right off the egg
DSC02189.jpg

Supper time
DSC02192.jpg

Comments

• BHE1
    BHE1 Posts: 205
    Options
    I would kill for some jerk wings and that red stripe!!!! I was in Jamaica a few years ago and my diet consisted of fresh fruit, 6-8 jerk chicken breasts (a day), and red stripe.

I may just take the family back again this year.
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Cook them direct on a raised grid @ 350°. Maybe use Mrs. Dog's Jamaican Jerk Marinade instead (please accept my apologies; I cannot help myself) with a darkest rum (Myers's or Cruzan Black Strap). JCA
  • egger66
    egger66 Posts: 385
    Options
    Now that sounds good! When do you apply the rum? Or is it mixed with the jerk marinade?