Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Jamaican Jerk Wings

egger66egger66 Posts: 385
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made some jerked wings tonight. Sprinkled some DP Firewalk before placing on the egg, Indirect heat at 400* for 12 mins., flipped over for another 12 mins., tossed in the jerk marinade, back on the egg for another 3mins. The flavor was really good and had a pretty stout kick :evil: but the skin was wasnt crisp enough for my liking. May try direct heat at a lower temp next time.

Right off the egg
DSC02189.jpg

Supper time
DSC02192.jpg
·

Comments

• BHE1BHE1 Posts: 205
    I would kill for some jerk wings and that red stripe!!!! I was in Jamaica a few years ago and my diet consisted of fresh fruit, 6-8 jerk chicken breasts (a day), and red stripe.

I may just take the family back again this year.
    ·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Cook them direct on a raised grid @ 350°. Maybe use Mrs. Dog's Jamaican Jerk Marinade instead (please accept my apologies; I cannot help myself) with a darkest rum (Myers's or Cruzan Black Strap). JCA
    ·
  • egger66egger66 Posts: 385
    Now that sounds good! When do you apply the rum? Or is it mixed with the jerk marinade?
    ·