Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Jamaican Jerk Wings

egger66egger66 Posts: 385
edited 4:58AM in EggHead Forum
I made some jerked wings tonight. Sprinkled some DP Firewalk before placing on the egg, Indirect heat at 400* for 12 mins., flipped over for another 12 mins., tossed in the jerk marinade, back on the egg for another 3mins. The flavor was really good and had a pretty stout kick :evil: but the skin was wasnt crisp enough for my liking. May try direct heat at a lower temp next time.

Right off the egg
DSC02189.jpg

Supper time
DSC02192.jpg
·

Comments

• BHE1BHE1 Posts: 205
    I would kill for some jerk wings and that red stripe!!!! I was in Jamaica a few years ago and my diet consisted of fresh fruit, 6-8 jerk chicken breasts (a day), and red stripe.

I may just take the family back again this year.
    ·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Cook them direct on a raised grid @ 350°. Maybe use Mrs. Dog's Jamaican Jerk Marinade instead (please accept my apologies; I cannot help myself) with a darkest rum (Myers's or Cruzan Black Strap). JCA
    ·
  • egger66egger66 Posts: 385
    Now that sounds good! When do you apply the rum? Or is it mixed with the jerk marinade?
    ·