Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggcept for the rice, it was an all Egg meal!!

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just finished cooking for some friends. ABT's to start, then Salmon Balinese over a mixed wild rice medley, asparagus mushrooms onions and peppers wokked on the egg and finally the sugar dipped pineapple rings with vanilla ice cream. Ok, the ice cream wasn't done on the egg, either. My friend said the salmon was the best fish she ever had! Whew, my wife will now have to live with the Stumpbaby-sized cranium I got now![p]TNW
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    wait a minute, you say your FRIEND said it was the best fish "SHE" ever had. . .then you talk about your WIFE. . .sounds like some friday night funnies goin on at TNWs house.. hope the WIFE isn't reading the forum!!! [p]heeee :-)

• Unknown
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    call me uninformed but what are ABT's?

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    wil,[p]ABT = Atomic Buffalo Turd[p]Check out the link below.
    [ul][li]Atomic Buffalo Turds[/ul]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Chef Amy
    Chef Amy Posts: 19
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Why not the rice on the egg? I made the recipe from the Smoke and Spice cookbook.....the texture was great, although the smoke flavor overpowered the rice. Next time I make it I will add something sweet such as apples and a touch of sweet wine to the recipe to take the bite out of it. [p]In general, add about 1/3 more liquid than you would with your normal rice recipe. Put in an egg proof pan (I used a bread loaf pan), cover with foil and cook around 200-220 for 1-1/2 hours, uncover, then cook for another 15-20 minutes.[p]Of course, this only applies if you want to be a purist.....