Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TJV / others - aluminum pan

Options
Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tom,

I need a little help cleaning stains from my aluminum drip pan.

This is my 13" drip pan. The stain on the inside stains are older and were under aluminum foil. THe bottom stripes came yesterday from the grid when I forgot to put foil on the bottom before the cook. :blush:

The pics were after dish soap and a nylon scrub pad.

Any suggestions are appreciated. :laugh:
DSC_0003-1.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    bar keepers friend in a little cup dip a wine cork in water and then in the powder scrub away ,,
  • probie
    probie Posts: 102
    Options
    Try some koolaide powder with a green scratch pad and a little water.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Sorry but they dont look used enough, I think they need some more cooked on stuff. :) It is only a drip pan and the drips just dont care.
    But if you must clean them more, the two other post will help.
    Striving to be worthy, Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I've had success with this. Just pour a little in an upsidedown clean trash can lid filled with water and you can soak your cooking grid. Makes clean up a snap. Might want to try it first and see. Otherwise grab a "Brillo" pad and scrub away.

http://www.dawn-dish.com/en_US/powerscrubbers.do
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    It looks like a first ever cook to me...A drip pan is just that..."a drip pan"...don't worry about it..I still line mine with foil...but gave up long ago worrying about it looking new..if you want it clean every time use the disposable aluminum pans and use a new one every time..otherwise, just take it for what it is...you aren't eating out of it... :)
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I am with JJ on that one. I got to where I was spending more time cleaning the drip pans than it took the cook the Butt. I finally dedicated it to being just a drip pan.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    A couple tablespoons of white vinegar in hot water. Very hot water.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Where did you get the pan from. I want one.
    thanks
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I'm with the others, it's just a drip pan. So, I don't worry about getting the stains totally off. If you use any powder cleaner with a brillo pan, chances are you'll scratch the pan. Dawn powder disolver is what I use on grids, not sure if it works on aluminum. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    thanks to everyone for their responses.

I think Jupiter and some others summed it up pretty well - it's a drip pan and needs to look more like a veteran rather than a virgin! :laugh: :evil:

Molly - one of the MANY great products at The Ceramic Store (tjv's place).

www.ceramicgrillstore.com
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Cool thanks.
    TJV, I will shop with you after work tomorrow, Been meaning to for long time.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • WhackJob
    WhackJob Posts: 46
    Options
    Uhm disposable aluminum drip pans from the grocery are about $1.50. 15 minutes spent scrubbing is at least $25.00. The way I see it, go with disposable. But honestly, it's a drip pan. Each stain is a grillin or smokin print on a roadmap.
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    My problem isn't about a drip pan but with a cast aluminum dutch oven. It has been used for many off uses and whatever is cooked on is coated on the inside. I even tried straight ammonia. Don't want to part with it since it's about 30+ years old and I believe a 7 qt.
  • AuntieEgger
    AuntieEgger Posts: 258
    Options
    Weather it be Aluminum or Stainless Steel, pots, racks, or trays. ‘LAUNDRY DETERGENT’ in powder or liquid form accompanied by a light scrub with SOS will get it clean. It’s fast and simple.

Give it a try

AuntieEgger