Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

dizzy pig

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am in the process of ordering rubs from dizzy pig! I was going to order all of the them at the discount of $63 - as you rave about all of them!
-But I do not like fish so would I need raging river!
-Do I really need dizzy in regular and course!
-Do I need to steak rubs!

My main question is do you use raging river on anything other that fish?

What would be the difference in use for DD regular and course!

Thanks!

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I love raging river on chicken.
    Larry
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Bacon wrapped tater tots with Raging River...I use a lot of the rubs on vegys..you can't go wrong...the only one I don't own is the coarse rub...
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    I use river on chicken and hamburgers also.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i only buy the coarse rub. raising the steaks is like a beefed up montreal seasoning so if you like montreal seasoning get it. i prefer the cowlick if im putting a steak seasoning on. as for raging river you will always wonder about it if you dont try it, ask for a sample when buying the other products, i bet they send you a small packet to try. raging river is the only dp rub i dont use much of
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • IndependentGrocer
    Options
    Order ALL of them. You'll find a use for every one at some point. There's not a bad one in the bunch! You may want to order an extra Tsunami tho. And a Cow Lick!
  • MilitantSquatter
    Options
    I've used Raging River/Dizzy Dust Regular grind in a 50/50 ratio successfully on ribs in competitions. At home I'll use them independently as add some Swamp Venom for some added heat.

I prefer the course grind Dizzy Dust on pork shoulder as I think it builds a better bark than reg grind.

They're all good and I just ordered a fresh stock of most. The only one I've been slow to adapt into the regular rotation is Red Eye Express. It's just a mental thing as I'm not a coffee drinker and I know it's just mild undertones.