Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More Mini stuff

Options
Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One of the girls, Brianna and Paula preffered meals is egged Tempura fish on a bun. First time on the mini tonight
017-6.jpg
On a bun with lettuce and tartar sauce
021-7.jpg

Then some burgers, oldest son Kyle showed up and I didn't know you could do three good sized burgers on the mini
024-5.jpg
027-6.jpg
028-7.jpg

I really love this thing!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Hey Steve, I don't break my mini out until summer/spring/fall. Keep it at the wash for lunches. About that time. B)

Mike
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    That's great Steve :woohoo: Glad that you're using(and enjoying)that little egg :lol: The mini is fun eh? ;)I love mine,they are just so much fun :woohoo:
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    You gotta love the mini, we got one and didn't use for ,I don't know how long, always fired up a large, but the little guy is great. He's plum tuckered out by the end of the week. B)
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Man you guys do not play fair. I have not even got my medium out of the box yet and already I have been convinced to buy a mini. :P

Man this forum is expensive to hang out on. :lol:
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Looks great Steve!! Can't wait to try my new mini. Have to wait till I turn in my aluminum cans for cash next week :(

I don't have an XL. When will you be doing some demos on it??

Is is true that you own 8 eggs????
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Dang Steve your gonna wear that little thing out :laugh: looks great
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Doc, hang around Little Steven. I'll guarantee you'll be in the poor house in no time. He can find things you never knew existed to buy.
  • Ottawa_egger
    Options
    Those shots of the burgers seem to be on a raised gris. Did you get Tom to make you a mini wooring?
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Anne,

Darlin' I can't keep count. Whatever my profile says is accurate. I can't splain right now but if you give me two or three oyster shooters in Ocala I will tell you.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Cory,

Haven't seen you around much lately. I have no mini eggcessories yet but I have to place an order with Tom for some other stuff. How's the weather up there. It was 64* fahrenhieght here today

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Yes it is Doc,yes it is..................I got a XL and mini after finding this forum :pinch: I already had a medium and a small :whistle:
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Anne,

That isn't even fair. Admit it, you love when I talk appliances to you :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Your mini got a workout!:woohoo: Everything looks great.
  • Ottawa_egger
    Options
    I've been lurking on and off. Got busy at work, but pop on a few times a week to look at pics. They're kinda like cheap heroin to me.

Busy but the eggs are still getting used. I haven't used my large much, maybe 4-5 times since fall. The wife and two girls aren't big carnivores so the mini has done us fine. You'll need to get a mini wooring - makes all the difference in the world when doing chicken or delicate seafood like shrimp or scallops.

The weather has gotten warm all of a sudden and really screwed up the ski hills. getting rain this weekend which really sucks because my girls' school is having a ski/tubing day on Monday. The skiing will suck but I'm sure the tube runs will be nice and slick after a good freeze!
  • Ottawa_egger
    Options
    I've been lurking on and off. Got busy at work, but pop on a few times a week to look at pics. They're kinda like cheap heroin to me.

Busy but the eggs are still getting used. I haven't used my large much, maybe 4-5 times since fall. The wife and two girls aren't big carnivores so the mini has done us fine. You'll need to get a mini wooring - makes all the difference in the world when doing chicken or delicate seafood like shrimp or scallops.

The weather has gotten warm all of a sudden and really screwed up the ski hills. getting rain this weekend which really sucks because my girls' school is having a ski/tubing day on Monday. The skiing will suck but I'm sure the tube runs will be nice and slick after a good freeze!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Brett,

Just a fun little machine.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    DrZaius

Oh, you have no idea. :woohoo:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Cory,

My daughter went snowboarding today and it was pretty mushy. I am going to place an order with Tom on Monday.
    We aren't complaining about warm weather here are we?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Sparky, You didn't get the XL based on what I said did you :blush: Are you sorry?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Steven you take real good care of those kids.

Ross
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Steve

Glad you are making good use of it............. :woohoo:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I did a couple salmon steaks on it last night
    IMG_0043.jpg

they came out great! It wasn't as burnt as it looks in the picture, but the skin was nice and crispy.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Little Steven, how long does it take your mini to cool down. Mine takes hours! I'm wondering if it's mine or does everyones take this long? Also burns up all the lump each time.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Faith......
    if it goes all the way down to ashes....you might have a sealing issue...normally mine uses most of it (it is so little anyway) but leaves a few chunks to use on my next cook....the cooling down I haven't checked...but it is such an efficient marvel heats fast & keeps the heat..I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer than the larger models....
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks Beli, just wondered because after I shut it down it stays at 400 degrees for at least 2 hours, makes me feel as if I should find more stuff to cook on it since all the lump will be gone anyway. I never considered that it would take longer than the large to cool down.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • JudyFoodie
    JudyFoodie Posts: 124
    Options
    Steve,

Everytime you post pics about your mini cooks, I ponder about getting a mini too. Never thought about tempura fish on the grill...cool!

Judy
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    That it! I'm ordering one tomorrow!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Since getting the mini, pretty much every cook I've done has been around 400. Sometimes 450, sometimes 350.

It doesn't take long to be ready (clear smoke) and it doesn't take long to shut down (and my gasket is fried - see those salmon pics)

but I'm not searing at high temps either.