Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spawn

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just talked with Max, as I'm sure many have,...He tells me that things are positive, but there is a ways to go, yet. Many prayers to that great gal. Max has tried to ruin her, but she has held tough.

She is quite a young lady. We love her.

UncleLawn

IMG_2580.jpg

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Really, really appreciate the update Mike. She has been on my mind, and I still hesitate to call Max since he's got so much goin' on. Great pic by the way. Had the privilege of having her work for us last summer, and we need her back. Go Spawn!

Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    LR,

Thank God. We have been sitting on pins.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Like Nature Boy, I hate to call because I know he's a nervous wreck with probably very little sleep since this thing started.

He knows we are concerned and wish for the best. And we think the world of both of them.

Spring "Anxious Fans" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    Thanks for the update Mike. Randy also talked with Max this morning. Sitting the ER all day today myself....but I had Spawn on my mind. She is a very strong young lady. All these positive vibes going her way.....it has to do something.

The Filly
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers go out to Max and Spawn.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Hi Kim....you were sitting in the ER today? Is everyone OK?
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    I hesitated to call, also, and just hoped it would go to his messages. It did, and I sure didn't expect a return call. But, ten minutes later, Maxie called. You would never have known anything was amiss. He's naturally concerned, but he is a Rock. He is one, heck-of-a guy who I admire with all my heart.

Again, Go, Spawn!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    She is quite a fine young lady. Thanks for the update.

Mike
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    My thoughts, exactly.
    LR
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    Options
    Thanks for the news, Mike. We've been worrying.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Mike:

Thanks for the uplifting news. I know we all want to talk with Max, but probably better if not all of us try. We need to let him have some rest too. He knows the EggWorld is pulling and praying for them.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    As the others have said, thanks for the update. I hope she continues to improve.

My Best to the whole Mad Max family.

Respectfully,
    Bordello
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Max is as solid as it gets.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Never met either one of them..but gives me cold chills thinking about it..have kids of my own and while there were some tough times, fortunately nothing like this...thoughts and prayers are with this young lady and her family....
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Yeah, good point Jay. The Mad Max hotline is not open!

I talked to him 4 times over a couple days JUST before this happened. He was helping me go over the lease we are about to sign for our commercial space for DP. Every time I spoke with him, he gave me all of his attention, and was really concerned that I understood everything correctly. If you call him, he'll give you his full attention. If you don't maybe he'll rest!

Cheers
    Chris

PS. Go Spawn.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Get better soon, Spawn!!! I'm so sorry to hear this news, but I know how strong she is. And Max is no slouch, either.

Look forward to seeing you all soon,
    Dave
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    great to hear things are looking better!! wishing her the best!
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    I assume she's still in ICU and won't be able to receive flowers, etc.?

I've never met either Max or Sydney, but I'd like to send her a card or something. Is there an address at this point or will one be posted soon?
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • Shilomare
    Shilomare Posts: 103
    Options
    Thanks for the update Mike...Carol and I have been thinking of Max and Sydney all day....glad to hear that things have settled down a bit...they are a team that make us all proud..our thoughts and prayers are with them tonight..

thanks again for the update.

Richard & Carol
    Annapolis, MD
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Youngest daughter had an infection in her leg that was diagnosed as a brown recluse spider bite last Monday. They lanced it yesterday because it wasn't getting better. Today they sent her to the ER because they thought there was a blood clot. Adventure continues. -RP
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    The Spawn and Max have been on our (Gayle and I)minds all day. As she went upstairs to get ready for be just now she asked if there was any new information on Spawn's condition yet. So here I am.

When I get on my knobby knees tonight they will be in my prayers you can bet.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Thank you so much for the update. My prayers are with her. I know what an awful disease diabetes is, a close friend of mine was diagnosed at 5 years old. She was a test patient for the insulin pump. A number of years ago she went into diabetic shock at a convention in Orlando. It was my first experience with calling 911 (we were young!). That experience taught me such a lesson, especially at how everyone jumped to the conclusion that she did not manage her health well, which was far from the truth.

I wish Sydney and Max all the best.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    LR - Thanks so much for the update! Have been thinking of them both all day! Hope all continues to go well! Please pass our best, and obviously the best from the entire BGE forum! The family spirit here has been amazing! Way to go eggers!
    Max and Sydney...keep up the great work! We are all pulling for you! Go Sydney!
    Prayers from Hollywood, FL
    Michelle & Tim