Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nothing Like the Smell

Options
Buster Dog BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
of BBQ first thing in the morning. Smoking a couple butts and a brisket.

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    That is the best part of bbq contests for me. I'm a wanderer. I get my ribs and...well okay I make coffee first then get the ribs going....and wander around. Smelling the smells, taking in all the tinker of bbq making noise, rejoicing in the handful of teams that always think belching smoke from their cooker is a good thing.....gets my day going......

I've slept as much tonight as at a contest. Took the FIL to the ER last night and got up early this morning. Only thing better than bbq contest mornings is coffee and sitting over my sermon notes getting ready for the service.

I'm thinking about picking up and doing beef ribs this evening if time permits.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Sounds great. It's only 6:30 a.m. here and not quite light yet but I will be grilling some pineapple rings with brown sugar and cinnamon for part of a filling for stuffed pork tenderloin.

Later will cook the tenderloin itself.

Let the smoke rise.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Sorry to hear your FIL is ill. Hope things work out well.

You are right. About 530 AM at a contest is one of the best best times. It is nice and calm like a lake in the morning. Then the smell of the various meats smoking with different woods, etc. MMM. 2 months away for me.
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Grilled Pineapple is one on my favorites
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    when serving butts and brisket do you use the same sauce for each. just wondering cause sweet red sauce on pork is a little overpowering to me.

I'm gonna do a couple butts this week for work. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    I like Blues Hog on the pork but for the brisket I like to go a little spicy. What I really liked on brisket was the Bob-E-Que sauce they gave away at the Oklahoma Eggfest.

Ever try Russ and Franks? It is good on pork.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    How long are they into the cook?
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    I put them on at 530 this morning. Not quite the smell from an all nighter but the pecan was smelling goood.