Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

habanero jelly

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MikeO handed out samples of his habanero jelly at the EggFest to a few lucky folks and as one of those lucky folks I wanted to say thanks Mike and talk about his jelly.[p]it's got a wonderful color -golden yellow - and excellent clarity. I've tried it as a condiment with pork chops, roasted chicken and one other thing that I've forgotten. it starts off sweet, like a commercial mint jelly. In fact, in a blind tasting I doubt I cold tell the difference. But then - hours later - a slight pepper burn starts at the back of the throat and comes forward. Nothing overpowering - just a nice tingle. Even by the next morning a little of that taste lingers. [p]Great stuff, Mike. Please post the recipe or tell us where we can get more.

Comments

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    char buddy ,[p]I agree, that stuff is very good. I to have had it on pork chops and this morning had it on a bagel with cream cheese. Mike said it would be good that way and it was. So thanks again from me also.[p]Chuck

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    char buddy ,[p]I too was one of the lucky recipients, but have not yet tried it. I'm looking forward to it![p]Thanks Mike!
    QBabe
    :~)