Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Egg in Every Home!

Options
Uncle Phil
Uncle Phil Posts: 669
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello, Fellow Eggers:

I have officially entered the race for City Commissioner of Indian Rocks Beach, FL. and if elected, one of the things I would love to do is have a City sponsored BBQ event featuring none other than the BGE! I have completed my website and also 99% done with my video, which I have posted below. I still have a few more things to do to it, but you'll get the idea. I guess with the Egg in my corner, I really am running a 'Green' campaign!

Uncle Phil

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Options
    Best of luck on your venture into politics. Maybe you won't get corrupted like the Washington crowd !
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Conquering the world one weber at a time. B)

Good luck with it Phil.
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    Let me be the first to "Egg" you on!
    Kent Madison MS
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Phil,
    I'm ready to move to IRB!
  • omba
    omba Posts: 241
    Options
    Uncle Phil,

The plunge into poloitics has tickled my aging brain in the past, but I never made the leap.
    I admire the courage ... it takes guts.
    Quite frankly, I may even be inspired.
    And most importantly, eggers tend to be fine folks. Egging your town might just make everyone a little bit finer.

Best of luck,
    Peter
  • Ottawa_egger
    Options
    Have you made sure all your taxes are paid up? That seems to be the first place the mudrakers look nowadays...
  • Uncle Phil
    Options
    Yep. All paid.
    Thanks for all the comments. The response to the video has been much appreciated. Most folks find the approach refreshing and needed. I need to live up to their expectations.

Uncle Phil
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    OK, Phil -

I invested 5:15 in watching your video and I didn't see a Big Green Egg. It's time to include a shot of you cooking on a BGE.

Seriously, I thought it was well produced and well done. If only you could move to Austin and defeat some of the liberal lunatics who occupy our city council. Best of luck to you. When is the election? Please let us know the outcome.

Yours in good government,
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Indian Rock Beach looks like a fine place to live...
    Looking for a Hospital Pharmacist ;)

I have three eggs will travel :laugh:
    Just got to make the PITCH to my wife first :ohmy:

I like your video being positive for starters... my suggestion would be to explain how you plan to maintain the current level of services and how you plan to fund future projects. Pick a project the whole community could rally around such as city using hybrid vehicles or some way of protecting you beaches natural beauty.

GOOD LUCK :)
  • Uncle Phil
    Options
    Thanks,
    We have a pretty good little city here. The Egglection in March 10th.
    Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Uncle Phil
  • Uncle Phil
    Options
    Funny you should mention the pharmacist bit. One thing we don't have on the island is an immediate care facility or pharmacy. One of the items I want to bring into the city is a possible satellite office from one of the fine hospitals we have on the land side. Our population is 46.5 years average and the closest hospital is across the bridge about ten minutes away. If we had a 'Doc in the Box' facility we could provide immediate care for trauma patients then transfer them once stable for extended care. The decision of where to go would be made by the paramedics or call physician. Just a thought. Everyone wants to keep the small town feeling, but there can certainly be some base businesses, especially in healthcare, that can be convenient to the people and profitable to the provider.

Uncle Phil