Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bread Bakers Needed

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
this weekend i was planning on experimenting with making some bread.. i was planning on making meatball subs and a brisket for the superbowl.. so this weekend i was going to try to make a bread, roll, bun or what ever would be good.. not too sure if a hogie might be the thing.. but when i went to fleishmans they have no hogie recepie... i have none in my computer either :angry: so i am turning once again back to ya'll for advice...

i will proabably do a batch or two or three superbowl sunday.. with that kind of supply i will proabably end up doing them in the oven...

leah went to sams and bought me a bunch of the fleishmans instant dry yeast instead of using the envelops... so any advice in that department would be helpful also :laugh:

thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• rockytopsc
    Options
    Don't know bout the recipe but I can help test them :laugh::whistle:
  • SmokinJ
    SmokinJ Posts: 220
    Options
    Here is one I used , had to google it . I got it from my taste of home magize but could not find that issue.

By the way go Steelers

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Hoagie-Buns
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Check this site - always great recipes.

King Arthur Flour

This link should take you to a search for "bun". Good luck to the Steelers.

Here is one for hamburger buns: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/RecipeDisplay?RID=R18

And if you can, always use the by weight recipes instead of by volume.
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks rod i forgot about them :whistle:

thought about you earlier when i was devising this mission.. they still did not have a hoagie recepie.. but i will look a little better but thanks

imagejpeg_2.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Maybe this guy can help you out. the one holding the bottle, I know he makes great bread, but brownies :blink:

DSCN2507.jpg

or this guy

DSCN2480-1.jpg
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks that looks like what i was thinking about ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    i have a funeral to go to tomorrow afternoon but i plan on trying the recepie that smoking j posted a link to give me a call tomorrow....

B.T.W. what did you think of the sauce?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    tb, you looking for a 'harder' crust. The hoggie is more the shape rather the recipe.

Use a light spray of water on top when you cook - try it on 1 or 2 to see if it is what you are trying to achieve.

GG
  • rockytopsc
    Options
    Liked the sauce. The one I bought was in a can but some on their website looked like it had top, Presto? any difference? I got the small peel not the 6+ ft you got :) Sorry bout the funeral, if it's not raining I'll be up in Westminster helping restore an old grave and then back in the afternoon. I'll give you a call sometime.
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks kent i will try that they are in their first "rise" phase now so i may let you know how ithey turned out ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yea the ones i gety are a can i originally bought it because i liked the "resealable" can but i can't get them like that anymore

101_0264.jpg

hollar ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• UnConundrum
    Options
    I have a recipe for hamburg rolls HERE if you want a softer roll.

569-hamburger-rolls.png?1185713279

But a hard hoagie roll is more like a Vienna for which you can find my recipe HERE Just make the loaves roll sized, using the same dough. This is also the dough I use for Kaiser Rolls :)

595-vienna-loaf.png?1202687663