Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bagel Chips

Options
Butch M
Butch M Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did something last evening I wanted to share with the forum. I am an avid reader and rarely post, but sincerely appreciate the knowledge I have gained from this forum.[p]One of our great enjoyments is sitting on our patio with our favorite beverage while snacking on Bagel Chips and cheese as our main course is cooking on the Egg.[p]Yesterday, we were out of “store bought” Bagel Chip and I didn't want to go to the store. I carefully thin sliced (about ¼ inch) a fresh bagel. I dipped the slice into a mixture of Olive Oil and garlic salt, then put it on the egg direct at 300° until brown or firm. After I realized I couldn’t have the thin sliced bagel directly over the fire, the results were GREAT. (they burned very quickly)[p]It turned out smokey, crispy and very tasty. We quickly noticed we were not eating the cheese because the bagel chip were so good. Try this snack, and I hope you will enjoy.

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Great idea, Butch! I'm gonna try it out tomorrow night.[p]Jim
  • Joel Ferman
    Joel Ferman Posts: 243
    Options
    Butch M,
    A local jewish deli has cinnimon (sp?) sugar bagel chips.... I dunno how to make them, but they are REALLY tasty... might be something you want to try.
    -Joel

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]Very simple..I make these and all my bagel chips in my dehydrator.[p]Slice very thin....I use my meat slicer...brush both sides with melted butter, sprinkle cinammon sugar on both sides and dry. Make sure the cinammon sugar is dissolved into the bagel before drying.[p]Stogie