Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bacon wrapped chicken breast

cobrastrikecobrastrike Posts: 28
edited 9:00AM in EggHead Forum
Wifey wants to try this tomorrow on the egg. Looking to find a good recipe / tips for cooking this. Thanks!

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,171
    I like to pound the breast flat, season it, layer in some swiss and jalapeno slices, then roll up, wrap with bacon, season a little more, and close with a toothpick.

Cook indirect at 350* until 160* and let rest 5-10 minutes before eating.

• reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    Oh wow, that looks really good. When you're cooking them do you turn them? Always wondered that when you're cooking indirect if it's necessary.
    I don't turn them, just let them go until done.
  • Those look great!!! Hopefully mine will turn out as good looking! What seasoning would you recommend for the chicken/bacon/jalepeno combo?
    Any BBQ rub will do. Keep it as simple as salt and pepper if you wish.

Any rub or flavoring you would normally use on chicken works well. You certainly aren't limited to the stuffing idea here, nor do you have to stuff them at all.

Just be creative and use flavors you like and things that go well together.
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Coincidence, last night’s dinner. I went a milder route with cream cheese with chives as the filler. Bacon wrapped and DP Shakin the Tree. It was whipped cream cheese so it came out more like sauce when done.
  • Cha-ChaCha-Cha Posts: 33
    These are simple and taste great. We usually have them one a week around the house.

I usually use Cavender’s Greek Seasoning, stuff the chicken with ham and swiss then roll in bacon.