Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon wrapped chicken breast

cobrastrike
cobrastrike Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wifey wants to try this tomorrow on the egg. Looking to find a good recipe / tips for cooking this. Thanks!

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I like to pound the breast flat, season it, layer in some swiss and jalapeno slices, then roll up, wrap with bacon, season a little more, and close with a toothpick.

Cook indirect at 350* until 160* and let rest 5-10 minutes before eating.

StuffedChickenBreastRaw.jpg

StuffedChickenBreastCooking.jpg

StuffedChickenBreast.jpg
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Oh wow, that looks really good. When you're cooking them do you turn them? Always wondered that when you're cooking indirect if it's necessary.
  • Fidel
    I don't turn them, just let them go until done.
  • Those look great!!! Hopefully mine will turn out as good looking! What seasoning would you recommend for the chicken/bacon/jalepeno combo?
  • Fidel
    Any BBQ rub will do. Keep it as simple as salt and pepper if you wish.

Any rub or flavoring you would normally use on chicken works well. You certainly aren't limited to the stuffing idea here, nor do you have to stuff them at all.

Just be creative and use flavors you like and things that go well together.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Coincidence, last night’s dinner. I went a milder route with cream cheese with chives as the filler. Bacon wrapped and DP Shakin the Tree. It was whipped cream cheese so it came out more like sauce when done.
    ChickenRolls009.jpg
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Cha-Cha
    Cha-Cha Posts: 33
    These are simple and taste great. We usually have them one a week around the house.

I usually use Cavender’s Greek Seasoning, stuff the chicken with ham and swiss then roll in bacon.