Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LC shot quail for dinner, yum yum

Options
bubba tim
bubba tim Posts: 3,216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was early last Sunday afternoon, LC and I were sitting on the porch of the double wide. When all of a sudden the cats started making a ruckus. The back 40 holds many tress and vegetation for animals of all types to hide in. So it was no surprise to look over and see a large flock of quail walking about 25 yards from the porch. Now LC can shoot a 1/2 inch MOA at 100 yards with a 5.56. I challenged her to see if she could get us dinner with a scoped .22. So I got the rifle and the bench rest and let LC set up. Results, 4 shots, 4 quail.

Oiled and seasoned before Egging
DSC00014.jpg

On the Egg

DSC00017.jpg

On the plate

DSC00019.jpg

The quail were served on top of this killer Thai noodle salad LC makes. (The quail were perfectly cooked, but her Terriaki glaze scorched a bit).

BTW, no wild aniamls were shot in the production of this dinner, but I had you for a few seconds... :woohoo: :woohoo:
SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP

Comments