Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cornbread on the mini

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The mini is just right for cornbread. Took out the fire ring and replaced it with a fire brick for indirect. Stabilized the mini at 400 and cooked CW's cornbread.

IMG_3107800x600.jpg

IMG_3108800x600.jpg

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Pretty darn nice Frank. I wonder if that would go good with some blackened for cajun baked trout? :woohoo:
    What size pan did you use, I have a plate setter for the mini, that sets on the fire ring then the grate.

Mike
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    It's a 10" pan. I'm starting to get a pretty good collection of CI skillet handles. :) The pan would work great with a couple fillets of trout.
  • JPF
    JPF Posts: 592
    Options
    or some catfish fried in olive oil and butter
    120408011.jpg
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Ok now I want some corn bread!!!
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Nice to see you in da hood.

Told Maria I use splenda in the cornbread. She just rolled her eyes as she reached for a second piece. Said it was for dessert. :)
  • birddog14
    Options
    everything is better with cornbread
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Funny, just a few days ago I made a 6" skillet of Jiffy cornbread (souped up a lot until it was pretty good) and thought about doing it on the mini. I just didn't want to cut the handle off though so I went with the small Egg instead. Gotta be way better with Pete's recipe.

Now I think I'll get me another 6" skillet and saw the handle off.

Good going Frank (for the umpteenth time). You da man...

Spring "Cornbread Isn't Just For Dessert Anymore" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Picked up a 10", 8", 6" CI skillets and a pair of tongs for a ridiculous price of like $5.00 at True Value the other day (had a $10 off coupon). Got home and pulled out my grinder (Frank the Grinder?). Starting to get a nice collection of CI handles. :laugh:

Still working on seasoning these chunks of iron
    IMG_3127800x600.jpg

I was thinking about filling the 6" with sand and using it as a platesetter on the mini supported by a couple pieces of rebar.

IMG_3137800x600.jpg

The single fire brick worked just fine

IMG_3134800x600.jpg

IMG_3133800x600.jpg

Can use the firebrick for indirect and 6" CI for drip pan and raise the grid :)
    IMG_3138800x600.jpg