Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My method of doing ABT's

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

The past few days I have seen quite a few different ways of prepping ABT's and thought I would add my way (which I haven't seen).

Here is everything ready to start assembling...
PC310007.jpg
The peppers cleaned and split lengthwise...the meat filling (in this case, pulled pork with my BBQ sauce), cream cheese (I mix in a few tablespoons of a rub with the cream cheese, tonight one was DP Shaking the Tree and the other was Ken Stone's Red Rooster) and the bacon.

I seem to do mine different than what I have seen most people talk about...I first put in a batch of the meat...
PC310009.jpg

then cover the meat with the spiced cream cheese...
PC310010.jpg

then of course wrap in bacon (I like bacon too much, such that for me the pepper is just something to hold the bacon :laugh: )...
PC310011.jpg

I don't add any rub to the outside since it is in the cream cheese (nothing against yours Egret, but I like to have the rub enhance the ABT not dominate it).

They are then usually done indirect at about 325 to 350 until the bacon is done (did I mention somewhere that I love cherry for smoke :whistle: )

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it :lol:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments