Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rotisserie question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi - I'm thinking of replacing my Char Broil grill with a BGE. One of the things we really liked about the Char Broil was using a rotisserie to cook a chicken, pork roast ,etc. Is there something like that for a BGE?[p]Rich Yeaton
Derry NH

Comments

• The Other Dave
    Options
    rjy, you won't need one. I used one extensively prior to getting my egg. Didn't even notice it was gone!

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    rjy,
    The Other Dave is correct.... you really don't need one.[p]I have an indoor rotiserrie (Electric, Farberware) that I use in the winter, and I have only used it a couple of times this winter because the Egg is a better alternative. Now I only use the indoor one when the weather is really miserable outside. [p]By cooking indirect on the Egg, the rotiserrie effect is unnecessary. The meat will cook and "bark" just fine. It's a great grill, but there is "smoke" in the background of everything you cook. (Can you say "Ummm numm numm?)My wife doesn't care for the smoke flavor with everything...but she's getting used to it! (Hey, if you don't like it, macaronni and cheese boils up in about 10 minutes)[p]Mike in MN

• rjy,
    We have been doing rotisseried chickens on Ducane grill for over 25 years at a rate of one per week, and thought this was chicken heaven, until the BGE. Whole or spatchcocked (butterflied) these beat rotissed in every way, except, perhaps, in color, which can be changed (if you care) by appropriate rubs/sprays
    jack