Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WANTED: extra large or large BGE in CA

Options
philbq
philbq Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All,

I would love to purchase a Extra Large or Large unit in good shape. I live in the Bay Area CA.

Thanks Phil 925 570 5190

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Hey this was way to easy a question ;)

Click on link http://eggsbythebay.com/

Seriously, this is your best option and they even have an eggfest don't remember right off hand when it is :woohoo:

~Pharmeggist
  • philbq
    Options
    Thanks for the reply

I was hoping for a used one. I missed out on a large today by 15 min. It came everything, even a Guru.
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Your luck sounds like mine ;)

About 3 years ago I just about made a mistake and ordered an egg off of the internet... the item hadn't shipped and the wanted to charge me a restocking fee. I had found out that to buy off of the internet would void the lifetime warranty. Anyway, to make a long story short I bought the egg locally and have bought 2 additional ones since then. I have a Large, Small and Mini big Green egg. The dealer is about 10 minutes from my house and I am so happy that I bought it from them they are good folks. Anyway, I understand about wanting to save money but think long term when purchasing an egg. I buy so much stuff from the dealer they give me discounts on lump and other items in the store for me to test out and report on. Just my two cents worth of advice.
    ~Pharmeggist
    Good Luck!!! I hope you find one soon!!!
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Ditto the advice.

When your firebox disintegrates [and it will disintegrate] and when your fire ring bursts from thermal shock [and it will break], your lifetime warranty will easily make up for any short-term savings you get from buying used, or off the I-net.

BGE has been gracious and has fully backed its warranty.

:);):)

~ Broc
  • philbq
    Options
  • Slotmercenary
    Options
    i have to second what is being said. Smitty is a super guy to do business with and a good rib man also.
    www.eggsbythebay.com

i live in Norcal and Smitty drove north to meet me half way when i bought my large from him
  • Pitmaster
    Options
    wish I had the same CS...
  • :WANTED: extra large or large BGE in CA. I live in Laguna Niguel.