Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife said I'll never cook chicken again!!

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ddchicken01.jpg
<p />I know somebody has probably did this, but this chicken was great.
I let chicken breasts soak in extra virgin olive oil for 1 hour. Covered with Dizzy Dust, used a small chunk of cherry wood soaked in beer for 30 minutes.
Got my BGE up to 350 and cooked until done, flipping only a couple times.
Tender, juicy, and wonderfull flavor.[p]CWM

Comments

• Dock of The Woods
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, This is the way I do it, boneless chicken breast soak in Zesty Italian Dressing, what ever on the time. Cook on BGE at 350 or so, every time I turn the chicken, ( every ten minutes or so ) I squeeze fresh lime juice on, and sprinkle my favorite Fajita seasoning on. My favorite Fajita seasoning is a brand called "Fiesta Brand". I used to get this brand at Wal-mart but they don't sell it any more. Now I order it from a place called "secrets to Cooking Texmex" 1-888-243-8839. For me this is the best Fajita seasoning I have found. [p]Hugh, "Sitting on The Dock of The Woods"

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Dock of The Woods,
    I also use Fiesta seasonings. Wherebouts you live? Most grocery stores in Houston sell the complete line. Its good. I even put their Chicken Faija Seasoning in my scrambled eggs. No matter what I cook on the Egg you can bet there will be some type of Fiesta seasoning on it along with whatever else I put. [p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA