Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Standing Rib Roast

jharvjharv Posts: 8
edited 3:54AM in EggHead Forum
Got a 6 lb (3 ribs) standing rib. Always used the oven in the past. I would like some EGGspert advice on time/temp. Thanks.
·

Comments

• Old SaltOld Salt Posts: 357
    It's just my wife and I so we bought a 4.25 lb roast.
    Right now it's in the refrigerator oiled and seasoned ready for the Egg on Christmas.
    I'll cook it at 350* indirect over a water pan using Jack Daniels chips for 2 hours or 135* internally.
    ·
  • jharv,

There are a lot of links and advice below. A good portion of today's posts posts have been about prime rib/standing rib roast.

GG
    ·
  • Here's my 2 cents:

Rub it liberally with garlic, pepper, rosemary and salt.
    Set up for indirect with the place setter (legs up) and drip pan.
    Sear it in a hot egg at 425-450 for 20 minutes, then damper down to 350 and continue cooking for about 12-15 minutes per pound. Final internal temperature should be:
    125 rare
    130-135 medium rare
    135-140 medim
    Pull it about 5 degrees BELOW the desired temperature and let in rest a minimum of 30 minutes. The internal temperature will slowly rise that final 5 degrees and the resting does wonders for tenderness.

You and yours will be in heaven tonight!
    ·