Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1 more DIGIQ question

Options
Chef in the Making
Chef in the Making Posts: 902
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering how many cook with the DIGIQ all of the time and if so do you leave the mount attached?

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    I only use mine for an over night low and slow. Otherwise it's in a zip top bag in my utility room. Except for the adapter, it stays in my smoke shack on a shelf.
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    I only use mine usually for an overnight slo cook or when I will not be around. Just used it today to cook some jerky for 8 hrs. while I was away. I really love the newer Digi-Q as compared to my older competitor.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    I use mine if I am cooking for more than 4 hours. (ribs turkey,jerky,butts, brisket, and so on)
    Kokeman
    Swansea, IL
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    I appreciate the info.

thanks
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    I use mine almost all the time. I especially like it when starting a fire, it really speeds things up. The only time I take it off is when I am doing a high temperature sear. Maybe I use it too much but that's what I bought it for. It is my favorite eggsessory.
  • WileECoyote
    Options
    I leave mine attached all the time. If doing low and slow or anything under 400 then I use it to regulate the temps. If doing a nuclear burn to 650 or more then I remove the pit temp sensor but still leave the fan attached and let it run full tilt. The fan helps to light the egg faster and keep it burning hot. No reason to take it off. Even if you don't want to use the fan you can still turn it off and use the sliding damper on the fan to adjust the airflow.