Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First fatty attempt

JPFJPF Posts: 591
edited 4:32AM in EggHead Forum
I been seeing everyone cooking these and decided to give it a try. Just plain and simple for my first try. Sausage, bell pepper, and cheese. Coated with a little dp Jamaican firewalk. Turned out pretty good, but needs way more cheese on the next one.

120608001.jpg

120608002.jpg

120608018.jpg

120608014.jpg

120608016.jpg

Hope everybody has a good week. Jon

Comments

• I think you did well. The first time I did a stuffed fatty, I did not add enough to the middle.
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,622
    Looks good. Consider using low moisture cheeses, like provlone, if you add more cheese. Melting cheese has the most unpleasant habit of oozing or spurting out of fatties, and getting all over the inside of the Egg.
  • JPFJPF Posts: 591
    I was thinking provlone might be good with it. I got the stuff to do another one today and I think provlone will be in this one.
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    that looks alot better than my first one

101_0365.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,457
    Nice!
    I want summa dat.
    Growl.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • DonDonDonDon Posts: 89
    MAn, that looks so good. Haven't done one lately but that'll change this weekend. We've got our dirty santa party friday night. CRAP, I GOT to find time to make 3 of them either tuesday or wenesday for that party. GLAD you posted this. LOL I gotta get busy
  • Those look about right to me.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Hey, Chris! I'm the guy that called you on Thursday on my way up-state to go deer hunting looking for a place to buy Raging River Rub because I forgot to pack mine. No DP dealer nearby so I skipped making the Maple Salmon that night because I knew it wouldn't measure up without the DP seasoning ;) .

Brian in PA
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Looks real good to me....welcome to the club B)
  • Looks a whole lot better than my first fatty, JPF. Nice effort.