Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast Brine Suggestions

Options
Rocky Top Egg'r
Rocky Top Egg'r Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Planning to try brining a turkey breast on Saturday. Looking for some recipe suggestions as I've never brined before. Also any tips to know when smoking the brined turkey would be great.

Many thanks !

Comments

• Bahmanicious
    Options
    Here is a brine that I like:
    2 Gal Water
    2 Cups Kosher Salt
    3 Cups Sugar
    4 TBS Black Pepper
    1 TBS Dried Rosemary
    1 TBS Thyme
    1/4 Cup Molasses
    1/4 Cup White Wine
    1/4 Cup Worcestershire

For smoking, use your favorite wood. Stabilize your Egg at 225. Let the smoke start flowing and add your bird. Allow 30-45 minutes per pound. The meat of a brined turkey with smoke applied will have a pink tinge, especially if you are using wild cherry for smoke, so, be sure to observe proper temperatures recommended for doneness relative to breast and thigh before pulling and wrapping in foil for a rest prior to carving.

Low and slow, not a bad way to go, especially for any bird under 12 pounds (larger may mean too much time in the danger zone).

Just my experience. YMMV.
    Best,
    WA
  • Firestarter21
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-roast-turkey-recipe/index.html

We used this one from Alton Brown last year and the turkey is bathing in it as we speak this year. I will post some pics in the morning I am sure at some point. Happy Turkey Day!