Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp at Tempe: Recipe Please

Options
Smok'inCSI
Smok'inCSI Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All:
I forgot to get the recipe for the grilled shrimp with bacon. What were they stuffed with??
Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• eggaholic
    Options
    Hi Mikie,

No response I see, commie bastards! Guess we'll just have to experiment and figure it out ourselves. Do you have Scotts phone number? I want to call him and thank him.

Have a SPLENDIFEROUS day Dude!

Robbie
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    If you talk to Scott ask him who the two guys from something Environmental, they were right next to us. I think I saw someone post his name as Jeff. Anyway he is the one with the shrimp that everybody is asking about. -RP
  • azriblet
    Options
    The shrimp recipe is real simple. First find the biggest jumbo shrimp you can, peal and de-vein and then butterfly the belly side. Some of them had mozzarella and the others had gorgonzola.Cut small slices of the mozzarella,small slivers of fresh garlic and a few cilantro leaves and stuff in the belly. Then push it all into the opening and wrap with thick cut bacon and stick with a toothpick. It is best to cook the bacon halfway before wrapping the shrimp to keep from over cooking the shrimp. Follow the same directions when using the gorgonzola cheese crumbles. Those shrimp cooked 20-30 min @ 300 degrees at the fest but you can reduce the time if the bacon is half cooked depending on how crisp you like the bacon. ENJOY!!!
  • eggaholic
    Options
    Thanks, I'll see Scott on Saturday, did get the recipe and tried it. Good but not as good as his. I suspect he left out something, all good cooks do that LOL!
    Robbie