Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gasket

Options
McKevin
McKevin Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the thread below about gaskets, & mine looking very much the worse for wear, I wanted to touch base about the replacement material that (I think) C~W brought up a while back from Rutland.[p]Has anybody tried it? & what's the verdict...[p]Thanks!
Kevin

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    mckevin, It should work fine..BGE is also testing it at present. I have some here that I will test as soon as the felt deteriorates. How big a rush are you for reports? [p]I think MAC is also replacing with it this week. Use the 5/8" wide by 3/8th inch thick material. Just use it on the top or bottom for the moment and see how it works on one side. I don't think with the extra thickness that it will be needed on both sides top and bottom ceramic portion's.[p][p]

[ul][li]seals[/ul]
  • McKevin
    McKevin Posts: 47
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Well, I called Rutland to order, & was told that the only 5/8 they have is 1/8 thick, and that they don't sell direct :([p]Have to do something pretty soon, I pried my egg open with a putty knife the other day after a particularly insane steak event :)) & the gasket is in pretty sad shape.[p]Thanks,
    Kevin

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    mckevin, Let me know your address and I will see if I can ship you some from here. Last time I looked at the board there were only one or two left. I will e.mail Rutland for further information on that..Thanks..C~W[p]