Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swordfish recipes

Options
bigmikej
bigmikej Posts: 216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had some swordfish in a restaurant last night and it was fantastic. I have seen them on sale fresh at Costco and thought I would go pick some up. The recipe I am looking for has a mediterranean feel to it. A light dish with olive oil, olives, tomatoes, capers, maybe some white wine or lemon juice. Does anyone know of such a recipe? Thanks in advance for the help![p]Mike

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    bigmikej,[p]We love swordfish and have done it a number of ways, none quite as you described. I checked my "How to Cook Everything" by Mark Bittman (an excellent reference, BTW) and still came up short. I found this one on a web search, looks interesting and thought I might run it past you. I intend to try it.[p]K~G

[ul][li]Greek swordfish[/ul]
  • Frozen Chosen
    Options
    bigmikej,
    Its our favorite fish to egg, too. I cook it at very high temps
    (600-700F) after S&P,a bit of olive oil. 1/2-3/4 inch steaks take about 7, then 5 minutes. Baste quickly with ginger/lime butter (use salted butter or add salt), then serve over rice bed, top with bean sprouts quick fried in sesame oil. Accompany with mangoe salsa (diced mangoes and pears, lime juice, mint, honey, red onion, jalapenos)

• bigmikej
    bigmikej Posts: 216
    Options
    KennyG,
    Thanks, that sounds great. I have decided to wing it and just throw together some of the ingredients previously mentioned. I'll let you know how it goes!