Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

advice

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need some advice. I am cooking a beef tenderloin (2 5lb. tenderloins actually). I thought I would sear it at 500 or 600 degrees first, then let it cook at 300 for about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. QUESTION: Does this sound okay? Also, what is a good marinade?

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Scott Strickland, I'll leave the times & temps to the more experienced, but the most incredible tenderloin marinade EVER is in Steve Raichlen's Miami Spice cookbook. If you'd like the recipe just let me know. JCA

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Scott Strickland,
    I've not cooked a tenderloin but my thoughts regarding such a fine piece of meat is to simply season it with salt/pepper and let the flavor of the meat come thru. As tender as that meat is, you don't need to marinade to make it more tender.

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Scott Strickland,
    Your plan is fine, but make sure you have a good thermometer in the meat so that it comes off at 130-135 for medium rare. Let it sit for 15 minutes before cutting. happy New Year.