Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wanted Eggcellent pumpkin cheesecake recipe

Options
Pharmeggist
Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
THanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    If you search from the index, one will come up. About 7 or 8 posts from the top.

Exactly what you are looking for.

GG
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    He has the ulitmate recipe and I can't find it.
    Mike
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Looking for recipe I saw before... I searched archives unable to locate recipe.... just saw carwash mike post think he may be on to something.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Post the link if you find it.
    Thanks
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    this is a recipe my Daughter gave me. They are super easy to do. They taste great however I have only made them in the oven but I see no reason why you couln't make it on the Egg

The only changes that she made are 1/3 fat cream cheese (neufatchel) because that is what she had and she makes pumpkin pie spice. I use 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon all spice and 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground nutmeg. For the pumpkin I just use a can of packed pumpkin puree, you can freeze what is leftover from it.

For the chocolate I used semi-sweet morsels because I had a bag that was open and needed to be used up and I did not feel like opening a bar of chocolate and chopping it.

Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

Makes 16; Prep time: 25 minutes; Total time: 5 hours
    To create swirls, drag the blade of a paring knife through the chocolate and pumpkin mixtures several times to make a marbled pattern.

For The Crust:
    20 chocolate wafer cookies (half a 9-ounce package)

2 tablespoons sugar

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
    For The Filling:
    2 packages (8 ounces each) bar cream cheese

1 cup sugar

1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin purée

3 large eggs

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.

2. In a food processor, blend cookies with sugar until finely ground (you should have about 1 cup crumbs); add butter, and pulse until moistened.

3. Transfer crumb mixture to prepared pan, and press gently into bottom. Bake until fragrant and slightly firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.

4. Place cream cheese in food processor; blend until smooth. Add sugar, pumpkin purée, eggs, flour, pumpkin—pie spice, and salt; process until combined. Set aside.

5. Place chocolate in a microwave—safe bowl; microwave in 30—second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Add 1 cup pumpkin mixture; stir to combine. Set aside.

6. Pour remaining pumpkin mixture into prepared pan. Drop dollops of chocolate mixture onto pumpkin mixture; swirl. Bake until cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly when gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.

7. Cool in pan. Cover; chill until firm, at least 2 hours (and up to 2 days). Using overhang, transfer cake to work surface. With a knife dipped in water, cut into 16 squares. Serve.

Per serving: 273 cal; 17.2 g fat (9.9 g sat fat); 4.8 g protein; 27 g carb; 1.5 g fiber
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Well the best (and only) I have ever tasted, and I HATE cheesecake, period. The Pumpkin Pecan from the Cheesecake Factory Rest. is out of this world, worth the trip if needed or they might just ship it to you, don't worry, it come frozen like all of the desserts, like I said it is drop dead great, and I hate cheesecakes!
  • Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    thanks for finding it Mike, hope all is well in Missouri.