Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chili Receipe (LATE)

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First of all. I want to apologize to everyone. I always get quick responses from everone and I have been slack. Sorry. Billy V. Here it goes. Now this receipe was warm but the women you ate it. So spice to your own taste.[p]5lbs London Broil
5 Garlic Cloves
4 tblsp Veg Oil
3 tblsp Oregeno
4 Yellow Onions (Some of Georgia best Vadellias(sp) if in season)
2 bottles dark beer (Shiner Bock)
1 3oz High Quality Chili Powder (All of it)
2 tblsp Cumin
3 oz Bacon Drippings (Just the Drippings)
2 Serrano Peppers
1 Jalapeno Pepper
Hickory Wood Chips
4 beef bullion cubes
2 cans Hunts Tomato Sauce
2 cans of water from the same cans
1 sm bag pinto beans
3 good dashes of Worcestershire sauce
3-4 tblsp Cayenne Pepper
7 Quart Lodge Dutch Oven (or what ever pot you like)[p]Cut the meat into 1/2 inch squares. Cut the Onions up fine. Cut the garlic up fine then crush it with your knife. Cut the peppers up fine. Get Jolly Green up to around 250-300. While your green friend is getting his/her temper up I put the dutch oven on the stove top to cook the meat. Cook the meat, in the oil, and garlic until it just turns brown(gray). I then transfered the dutch oven to the Egg, after it reaches the sustained temp I wanted. Im from the South so I like thumper to just be high enough in temp to simmer (Slow Cook). Ok so, you have transfered the browned meat. Next, add everything else, Spices, onions, peppers, etc.. Now the beans. Follow the direction on the beans. Bring them to a boil for 2 minutes then let them sit over night. The chili simmers for 3 hours. I added some water after a while cuz it needed it. I messed up on the beans a little. What I did was this, The beans are suppose to simmer for two hours if you were just making beans. Well, I put them in the chili an hour into the cook so they would have two hours to go. This didnt work so well. I suggest you cook the bean a little before puting them in the dutch oven. I was just worried they would over cook and turn too soft. Dont get me wrong, the they were good, but next time Im going to cook them on the stove for an hour. I added Hickory wood chips (soaked in water over night) every 30 minutes. A hand full. Stir the pot every half hour also. I forgot to mention. The beef bullion cubes. I follow the direction on the packet for them. Where you have to boil them in a cup or so water. I cant remember. Just follow the packet directions. I then add that to the fire eater. I hope I havent left anything out. I hope everyone likes it. We sure at it up.[p]We'll be making this again in a few days it was so good.[p]Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Comments

• BillyV
    BillyV Posts: 16
    Options
    RebelCause,
    Hey, thanks a lot. I'll be doing a half batch this Monday (only because my Dutch oven is 4qt). Can't wait...will let you know how it turned out.[p]Many thanks and Merry Christmas to All,
    Bill and Family