Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Curious. Rural, Suburban or Urban?

13»

Comments

• jeffinsgf....thanks for the tip. We have figured out over the yrs what is safe to plant. The wife even took a master gardining course and got certified. Everything we have planted has managed to survive. I used to throw down bird seed and used feeders but the deer have figured out my schedule and wait for me to come out in the am...and they also figured out how to raid the feeders. What the heck....I enjoy the company. :)
    Bob
    Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    I'm planning on taking the MG class this winter. I feel the same way about the critters. I get irritated when the eat the tender shoots off the tops of a bunch of new seedlings, but then, they were here first.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Kind of hard to pigeonhole us that way, but I suppose we're closer to suburban. Actually we're in the sticks being the heavily wooded bluffs of the Illinois River to our East and Peoria to our South. While we have a mailing address of Dunlap it's a small burg some 6 or 7 miles away and in 28 years I've only been there maybe 3 times! Nearest grocery store is about 4 miles and major shopping is about 9 miles. Another way to paint our location is we are on a septic system, have volunteer firemen, and a county deputy sheriff serves as our law enforcement.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    I'm in an Atlanta intown neighborhood called Kirkwood, adjacent to Eastlake (... PGA Tour Championship)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    in the city.....

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Suburban.

10 minute walk to the nearest D&W.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Have you ever smoke one those suckers?
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    urban, I prefer rural, but it is not my choice.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    I work in the suburbs also....about 5 miles away...i have 3 eggs, a house i love, a lot of friends, family and plenty of hobbies....some say I'm crazy and I have to say.......................................................................................... :P :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::whistle::whistle: :evil: :evil: :silly: :silly: :silly: :P :P :P :blink: :blink: :ermm: :ermm: :whistle::whistle: :evil: :S :lol: :woohoo: :P :( .........not me...I am sane
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Oh, you bet I have. Not counting the backstraps fried in butter, the neck roast and the shoulders are my favorite for barbecue. Burger cut with pork is very good too. Because of their sagebrush and native grass diet, pronghorn are very lean and have a gamey flavor which is somewheres between lamb and mutton. Proper care after harvesting is the key.

67d63aa0.jpg

In the last 20 years or so I've have some personal reservations when it comes to pulling the trigger on anything but a camera, but I do enjoy the gifts from my huntin' buddies.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Pretty much suburban cuz there are plenty of houses around me....but I get deer, snakes, skunks and all kinds of other creatures in my backyard. Comes with the territory here in the Hill Country.
  • Rural and when it looks like turning into suburban, I'm moving.

8.5 acres north of the town of Abita Springs La.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Yep, that's the place. I was just listening to K-SHE in the car tonight. Man, that stations's been around forver.
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Used to live in Modoc County (NE California) and see a lot of pronghorns. Curious critters. I was a surveyor, and they would walk right up to me when I was doing my instrument-man thing to stare and see what I was doing.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Burbs, in Colroado Springs. We now have about 7 buildings downtown. Im, well no one, am not far from much.
    There are many great ranges and many adventures that surround us. Lots of stuff to be involved with!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Our little city isnt very big....I am 3 mins from downtown(no high rises), 3 mins from work.